You may know that Jim suffered two strokes recently. As he fights back towards fitness, Jim has produced some short articles on the history of some of the military facilites in and around Fakenham. These are free to download as pdfs:
- Bombing up at Sculthorpe
- The bomb loading pit at RAF Sculthorpe.
- Coxford Heath Decoy Aerodrome
- The decoy aerodrome near Tattersett.
- Harpley Dams
- How Mr Wilson’s quarry helped to buid a railway and then helped to win a war.
- The Air Ministry at Fakenham
- Aerodrome repair depot in Fakenham used during World War 2.
- Sculthorpe and the Local Economy
- The contribution of RAF Sculthorpe to the local area, its economy and people.
- Sculthorpe - The Early Days
- The construction and early years of RAF Sculthorpe.
- Spotting at Sculthorpe
- Jim started spotting planes at RAF Sculthorpe as a schoolboy.
- Musician’s Tales
- A few anecdotes recalling Jim’s musical adventures.